Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My new favorite chocolate chip recipe...

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies!

My daughter and I decided to bake some cookies today.  I'm gearing up for the baking frenzy that's coming up after Thanksgiving. I had just a spot of sour cream left over from another recipe and this was the perfect way to use it up! I have found sour cream makes for a really delicious add in to baking recipes.  One of my favorite frostings is a dark chocolate sour cream frosting.  I will have to remember to blog about that one later. On to the cookies!









1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening (I used butter flavored)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 package (12 oz) chips. I used dark chocolate but any flavor of chips can be used

Heat oven to 350. Beat sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

This recipe is in Betty Crocker's Cookie Book. So easy and tasty!

(the second and third images have some white balance issues...)


4 comments:

  1. They are very wonderful and I could eat a dozen if not more in one setting. These are really good and is the best cookie I have ever had. Great job and the pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how mean to post pictures of fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies!!!! LOL!
    Lorisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to my wonderful hubby for always cheering me on with my baking and photography efforts. :-)

    They are really very delicious Lorisa...I don't think I will use another recipe for chocolate chip cookies. These are just too easy! (and they stay nice and soft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious photos :) Can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete