Monday, September 26, 2011

Most everyone loves a grilled cheese...

I love a good grilled cheese.  And a panini grilled cheese is even better!  Since we invested in a nice panini grill we eat sandwiches quite often. And of course a panini grill really creates taste bud tingling sandwiches when homemade bread is used. I use a bread machine because there are times when I'm am yeast-challenged. Usually when I use the bread machine it will turn out just fine...but if I were to do all that kneading and rising myself it flops on me 75% of the time.  Downright discouraging. There are times when I decide to get crazy and select the 'dough' cycle on the bread machine so I can mold the loaf how I like.  I live dangerous...cautiously. ;-)

Homemade Rosemary Bread (Better Homes and Gardens The Complete Guide to Bread Machine Baking)
1 1/2 lb loaf

1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
4 tsp butter
3 cups bread flour
4 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp bread machine yeast
1 spring snipped fresh rosemary

Add ingredients to machine according to manufacturer's directions. Select basic bread cycle.

Here is my finished, melty and delicious panini grilled cheese.  The only ingredients I used were the homemade rosemary bread, cheddar cheese, Roma tomato and just a bit of cilantro.  Olive oil is brushed on the top of the bread and then grill in the panini press. Easy, simple and satisfying.


You want to use a Roma tomato or if you don't have a Roma then scoop out seeds-nothing fun about a soggy sandwich.
mmmm...cilantro!

brush with olive oil


1 comment: