Thursday, September 1, 2011

My favorite dishes...


I have a set of dishes that I love.  They sit in a cabinet on display and I see them many times during the day when I walk past.  They are antique, simple, and beautiful.  My husband bought them for me before we had even thought about getting married.  He had heard me talk about these dishes in an antique store for a while and gifted them to me on Valentine's Day 1998.  They are very special to me.  However, we have never had a meal on them.  Since they are antique and have a pretty gold detail I'm a little worried about lead.  But I will say that I still enjoy them all the same.  I have employeed the sugar bowl and I use everyday with my morning coffee.  Lately I have even been practicing photography with some of the dishes.  They photograph so beautifully with the window light in my dining room.

The sugar bowl was the only piece that had some damage to it-that little chip up by the handle.  But I just love the cracked glazing and to me that little chip in the bowl just makes the set all the more perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great set of dishes and it does not seem so long ago when I bought these for you. Love you, Lance

    ReplyDelete